Saturday, September 17, 2011

Amanda Palmer Ninja Gig



Last night, my sister (thisoddduck) and I got home from a day of shopping, checked the ol' Twitter feed, and our favorite person in the WORLD, Amanda Fucking Palmer, was having a ninja gig (an impromptu gathering of fans where Amanda bangs out a few songs for FREE) in Middletown, CT at Wesleyan University. It was about 6pm, and the gig was at 7pm. Middletown is just about an hour away from us. Needless to say, we promptly ran right back to the car, drove about 80mph and reached the gig about 10 minutes late. The doors were locked. My heart fell to the floor. I could see Amanda through the window, only feet away. I saw a window open a few minutes later, and just as I was contemplating climbing in through said window, someone opened the door to come out! We hurried in, and found ourselves just inside the door to the room she was playing in, about ten to fifteen feet away from her holiness, AFP.
I took a few pictures, but mostly decided to enjoy the moment and not live through the lense. After she finished playing, Meg (thisoddduck) gave Amanda a pink sequined hair bow that matches her own. Amanda thanked her and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. This, obviously, was the highlight of Meg's life so far! After we got home, I tweeted to thank Amanda for a great show and about an hour later, to my amazement, I got a tweet back! And thus...the highlight of MY life.
To see the rest of my photos, see my facebook profile here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...