Saturday, October 15, 2011

Chronic Pain Health Aids

Last Saturday I posted about living with Fibromyalgia, a widespread chronic pain disorder.  It got an overwhelming response.  Well, for my new fledgling little blog, at least.  I thought that this week I would post some things that can be bought to help people with chronic pain.  Please note - I have not personally tried these aids and cannot personally advocate their use.  They are merely suggestions.
IMAK Eye Mask, $9.00
This eye mask is made from cotton lycra and is filled with "soothing ergo beads."  It is freeze-able and blocks out light.  This mask would be great for migraines, tension headaches or even just tired, puffy eyes.  According to customer reviews, it stays cold for about 15 to 20 minutes.  At $9.00, I think I would get a couple so I could have cooling relief for a longer period of time.
Cuddle Ewe Underquilt, $281.96
The Cuddle Ewe Underquilt has long be advocated by Fibromyalgia sufferers because "it supports and distributes body weight away from pressure points and tender points, which relieves pain in joints and soothes aching muscles better than any other material - natural or synthetic."  I imagine this would be helpful to anyone who suffers from chronic pain.
Flaxseed Heat Pack from Homegrown Pillows, $17.95
Moist heat is almost universally recommended for chronic pain, flaxseed heat packs are a great source of moist heat.  "When the seeds are heated, the soft shell of the seed allows for moisture to be absorbed. Then as the seeds cool, a moist heat is released. Flaxseeds unique thermal and oil content allow for it to heat quickly and retain heat for 30-45 min. making it an ideal heating product."

That's all for today.  Next Saturday, I will be recommending books on chronic pain, Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.  I hope everyone has a pain-free week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...