Sunday, October 9, 2011

Getting to Know You, Getting to Know All About You

Since I've been posting for a few weeks now, I thought I should properly introduce myself and tell you all a little about myself. Let's play 20 questions! Here goes nothing!

20. Where and when were you born? I was born in Torrington, Connecticut on November 23, 1980.

19. What is your full name and were you named after anyone? My full name is Molly Margaret Halloran and I am named after my mother's grandmothers.

18. Did you have any childhood pets? Honestly, I had too many pets to count, but the most notable are my Shetland pony, Blondie; my American Long-Hair cat, Snuggles; my Dutch rabbit, Buttermilk; and my long-haired Chihuahua, Curly.

17. What are your favorite movies? Anything by Tim Burton is genius, though The Nightmare Before Christmas is my all-time favorite. I also loved Pan's Labyrinth, American Psycho, Rosemary's Baby, The City of Lost Children, The Brothers Bloom, 28 Days Later, Let the Right One In, and many more.

16. Who are your favorite musicians or bands? My favorite musicians are the amazing Amanda Palmer and Rufus Wainwright. My favorite band is The Dresden Dolls. I also listen to Ben Folds, Ingrid Michaelson, Regina Spektor, Walter Sickert and the Army of Broken Toys, The Builders and The Butchers, She and Him, Andrew Bird and many others you've probably never heard of!

15. Do you have any siblings? I have a younger sister, Meghan, who is 7 years younger than me. She recently graduated from Marist College with a degree in studio art: photography. She just started a blog called This Odd Duck, which will be a showcase of her life as an artist. She is a constant artistic inspiration to me!

14. Did you go to college? Yes, I did go to college, at The University of Rhode Island. However, due to my Fibromyalgia, I was forced to leave school before I got my degree. My majors were philosophy and music. I loved living in Rhode Island and lived off-campus most of the time I was in school. For one year, I lived in a great big house right across the street from the beach in Matunuck. It was probably the best year of my life, so far!

13. Name five things you couldn't live without. I couldn't live without my family, my animal companions, the internet, coffee, and Nature's Gate Aloe Vera conditioner!

12. What is your favorite food? Call me crazy, but I am absolutely in LOVE with Chobani yogurt. I could eat it all day every day.

11. Is it easier to forgive or forget? I think it's definitely easier to forgive than to forget. You can rationalize and forgive someone for something they've done to you, but you can never erase it from your memory.

10. If you could meet anyone, alive or dead, who would it be? I think I would like to meet Ayn Rand, because she is my favorite author and developed her own branch of philosophy.

9. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween! It's the one time of year that being a weirdo is okay! I've always loved dressing up in costume and being someone I'm not. I also love the spooky decorations, scary movies and preoccupation with the macabre!

8. What inspires you? Nature, animals, all types of art, tattoos, literature, film, music, music, music, my family, the struggles I've been through in life, my bipolar disorder, my fibromyalgia, my spirituality, comparative religion, learning something new everyday, and so much more.

7. What kind of camera do you use? Right now most of my photos are taken with an Olympus SP-600UZ. It's more or less a sophisticated ultra-zoom point and shoot camera.  Other photos are taken with my Ipod Touch, using the Instagram or Hipstamatic Apps.  I am in the market for some toy film cameras and a digital SLR in the near future.

6. Do you have any favorite television shows? I will admit I am somewhat of a TV snob. I am extremely picky about what I watch, and tend to favor dramas and documentaries. Right now my favorites are Dexter, House, True Blood, The Walking Dead, Mythbusters, and Destination Truth. I am also getting into some new shows this season including Homeland and American Horror Story.

5. What is your dream vacation? I would simply LOVE to go to England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. There are so many beautiful historical landmarks to visit, and OMG castles! Ever since I was a little girl, I have been enamored with tales of royalty, castles, knights and dragons!

4. What is your favorite childhood memory? My single most favorite memory is the day my sister was born. After seven years, I was no longer an only child. Our family went from one of three to one of four and was finally complete.

3. Name four people who have influenced you. My mother, who taught me to be a strong, independent woman who can do anything she sets her mind to. My father, who gave me my love of music, books and learning. Amanda Palmer, who gave me the courage to be myself and be true to myself no matter what the consequences. Ayn Rand, Margaret Atwood, Aldous Huxley, Ray Bradbury and all writers of dystopian fiction who taught me to question the powers that be and believe in the independence of the masses.

2. Would you rather go on a picnic or to a fancy restaurant? Picnic for sure! I would rather something informal and relaxed any day!

1. Who are your favorite authors? I love anything and everything by Ayn Rand; I think her books are so eloquent and inspirational. I love Neil Gaiman. I have read all of Michael Crichton's work. Really, I will read anything and everything!

Hopefully, these 20 questions have given you a little peek into who I am. Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...