Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Meet my Kids!

Tomorrow, I'm going to do a "getting to know me" post, but first, I thought I would do a post about my "kids," otherwise known as my pets. Here goes...
This is Oscar, my Pug-Zu (Pug and Shih-tzu). I got him in July of 2010, and he is seventeen months old. He is my constant companion, and an absolute baby!
This is Tildy, who is about 6 years old. She has brain damage from getting stuck in a neighbor's furnace when she was a kitten. She's not the smartest cat on the block, but she makes up for it in character!
Moses is 5 years old and is Tildy's adopted son (technically he's her brother, but she doesn't know that). He was bottle fed from when he was about a week old and consequently, thinks that Tildy and I are his moms.
Also 5 years old, Wendell was born a "barn cat" but decided he preferred the indoor life at about 3 weeks old and came inside to live with us. He got his name "Wailing Wendell" because he meowed nonstop as a kitten.
At 3 years old, Marley is the youngest of my cats. She was also born a "barn cat" and I sat outside for weeks coaxing her to me in order to tame her. She is still a bit of an oddball, but we love her anyway.
Rio is a Quaker Parrot, also known as a Monk Parakeet. I rescued her on Memorial Day of this year. I don't know how old she is now, but she will live to be roughly 25 to 30 years old. She can't say any words yet, but she has learned how to make the sound of a crow and bark like our dogs!

I also share two female rats with my sister Meg of This Odd Duck. Their names are Marshmallow and Pistachio. They were not in the mood to be photographed today, so I'll add a photo later. Pistachio is a brown and white hooded, and Marshmallow is a pink eyed white or albino.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...