Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Puppy Cuts!

What have I been up to today that has kept me from blogging?  Giving doggie haircuts, that's what.  Oscar and Ringo were both in dire need of a trip to the groomer's.  However, a trip to the groomers is quite expensive at about $60, and Oscar hates riding in the car.  So...I was just going to give their handsome little faces a trim to stretch it a bit further.  I do this all the time with Oscar, he's not too hard to trim; a few snips and as long as I can see those big brown eyes, I'm happy.

I decided to start with Ringo, because he needed a trim the worst.  He's a Malti-Pom (Maltese and Pomeranian) so he gets quite fluffy and we were losing sight of his cute little face.  Also, his mustache was giving Burt Reynolds' a run for its money.  Well, I trimmed his face and it didn't look right because his ears were too grown out and long, and his head was too shaggy.  So, I trimmed his whole head and he was looking sharp.  But...then he looked like he had a tiny head on a big shaggy body.  Meg was at work, and I didn't know what to do.  Ringo looked like he had a little black dog's head with a sheep's body.  So, I started grabbing handfuls of hair and snipping them off.  BIG handfuls.  HUGE handfuls.  This was one fluffy dog.  If you don't know anything about Malteses...they are non-shedding and their hair never stops growing, and Pomeranian's hair grows straight out, so Ringo's hair is crazy.  I'm talking FLUFFY!  When I finished, there was literally a pile of hair six inches deep about 3 feet out from my kitchen table and the table was covered, too.  Oh, and I was covered.  COVERED!  Ringo was literally HALF the size he started and he looked really good.  Then, I got scared.  I had gotten no permission to do this.  Meg...could...kill...me.  But, she didn't.  She liked the haircut...and she really liked the price!  Now that I think of it, maybe I should send her a bill for $60.  Here's Ringo...



Next up...Oscar.  Oscar is a Pugzu (Pug and Shih-tzu) so he's a husky little guy with silky non-shedding fur that grows to be about four inches long.  Oscar's big problem was his beard and his eyebrows...they get out of control.  Also, a while back, he got into some weeds and I had to trim his back end, so the fur on his front half has been about twice as long as the fur on his back half.  It was time to even things out because he looked like a body builder with a big upper body and a tiny waist.  I was going to leave it and just let the back half catch up with the front half but after I trimmed his head, it was just like with Ringo and he looked like he had a shrunken head.  Oscar has a LOT less hair than Ringo, but I had to layer it, so they each had their own challenges.  Anyway, here's Oscar...



So, that's what kept me busy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...