Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Preparations!

I've been working on so many things in the last few days that I can hardly keep track!  I've been making prototype products which will be stocking stuffers for my Mom and sister, stocking stuffers that are just one-time projects, embellishing dog collars for the family pets, drawing gift tags (which I will be using in their primitive state this year, and redoing on the computer for next Christmas to be sold in my shop), and doing my Christmas baking!

I can't show you my prototypes and projects for stocking stuffers yet, but here's a shot of one of the dog collars.
I bought the collars ready made for $1 and sewed on sparkly ribbon.  I also made the tag which has the dog's initial and some scrolling in gold(which you can't see in the picture!) on the front and his/her name and phone number on the back.  They're made of Sculpy, so we'll see how long they last.  I'm not really expecting much out of them, they are more just for fun than to actually last.

Next up I'll show you my preliminary gift tags...they are printed front and back...and my paper didn't fit quite right in my printer, because it was actually paper from my sketchbook, so the back is a bit skewed, but they'll do for this Christmas.  A digitally re-done version will be available for purchase in my etsy shop next year.  I did six different designs and each one has a different font (which is a hand drawn facsimile of a real font) for the To/From on the back.
Ornaments and Lights
Mittens
Snowman
Reindeer
Sleigh
Singing Elf
He's silly looking, but the elf is my favorite!

This year, I decided that for my part of the holiday baking, I would try three NEW recipes that I found on Pinterest:  6-minute Microwave Salted Caramels, Eggnog Cupcakes, and Brownie Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars.  Well, two out of three turned out!  The eggnog cupcakes are great and so are the brownie-Oreo-chocolate chip cookie bars are so decadent.  The 6-minute microwave salted caramels taste great but they never really set up, so they're very sticky and pliable, and not too presentable.  I definitely like the taste of salted caramels, though!  YUM!  Here are some pictures of my successes and links to the recipes:


Here's the recipe for the 6-Minute Microwave Caramels.  Maybe they'll work for you!

I think I'm going to make some gingerbread men, because what's Christmas without gingerbread men?  And no one else is planning on doing those, plus it looks like I'm going to have a whole day with nothing to do but wrap gifts.  Imagine!   I decided to eliminate one of my stocking stuffer projects.  I was going to make felt flower brooches for my mother and sister, but I decided that I was just making myself insane and I really did have enough gifts without them.  Also, there are so many people on Etsy doing those right now, that it doesn't really make any sense for me to sell them in the shop.

I'll see you with at least one more post before Christmas!  Happy Hanukkah to those who are celebrating and enjoy the season to everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...