Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Prima Donna

As I mentioned in a previous post, my sister and I got opera tickets for Christmas, to Rufus Wainwright's Prima Donna.  I am so excited I can barely contain myself, and last night I went crazy and bought my whole opera ensemble!  We're going to the NY debut performance, which is in the afternoon, but I almost wish we were going to an evening performance so I could totally formal it up.  Still, it's the opera, and you get to dress pretty fancy no matter what time of day it is.  This is the ensemble I ordered:
I really wanted to wear heels instead of flats, but I'm not about to walk around NYC in heels all day and then have to possibly stand all the way home on the train in them.  That's not my idea of a good time.  So, I went with flats.   I'll include links to most stuff below, except the coat, which I got at Target last night for a mere $22 (!!!) on clearance and they don't have it online anymore and the crystal studs, which I got at Target for $12.99.

Beguiling Beauty Dress...$59.99 from Modcloth
Sequined Self-Tie Cardigan...$24.80 from Forever 21
Beaded Leaves Headband...$4.80 from Forever 21
Georgia Flower Flat...$19.99 from Avenue
Sheer Floral Tights...$5.96 from Avenue
Sterling Silver White Crystal Spinner Necklace...$24.99 from Target
Bling Bling 00ga plugs...$8.90 each...from Amazon

I haven't decided on a purse yet...I want to go with a clutch, but again, I'm going to be in the city all day so I might want something big.  I don't know.  I am SO rambling in this post.  Ahh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...